Prevent Hair Loss and Get Glowing Skin with Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted on April 23, 2013

Although the New York weather seems to be taking its sweet time to warm up, that doesn’t mean we can’t continue our efforts to look and feel our healthiest for the summer! Here’s another health and beauty tip from Align with Nature!

Apple Cider Vinegar is an amazing product to have on hand as an all-in-one health and beauty product! It’s great to add daily to water and to your everyday skin and hair care.

Guess what!? You don’t have to buy expensive hair and skin products to enhance your natural beauty. Apple cider vinegar will do it all for you! It helps to balance your skin and hair’s natural pH levels. If you want to promote hair growth, restore your hair’s natural shine and get healthy, glowing skin, use apple cider vinegar in these three ways!

In Your Water

Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink daily. Not only will this strengthen your hair, it will also promote hair growth. As an added bonus, drinking apple cider vinegar helps to boost your metabolism, promotes weight loss and boosts your immune system!

As a Hair Care Product

Use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner! Apple cider vinegar helps remove build up from hair products and restores dry, dull-looking hair. This works best with a spray bottle, if you have one. Add two table spoons of apple cider vinegar to a spray bottle of water. After shampooing, spray your hair and scalp with the mixture. Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse! There is no need for conditioner!  You can also choose to spray the mixture on after using your regular conditioner, and then rinse. Apple cider vinegar helps to close the hair’s cuticle, making it easier for light to reflect on it. The result? The shiniest hair you’ve ever had!

As a Facial Toner

The acidity in apple cider vinegar helps your skin’s surface find the perfect level between oily and dry by balancing the pH levels. It helps to reduce acne, red marks and blemishes and softens your skin. You can spray this moisturizing toner or dab it on with a cotton ball after washing your face.  It will help lock in moisture and leave your skin glowing! Don’t worry, your face will not smell like vinegar for the rest of the day as the smell quickly fades. Just add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to two teaspoons of water and you’ve got a quality facial toner! If you have super sensitive skin, try half a teaspoon first.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing apple cider vinegar. Be sure to get organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. My favorite is Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. You’ll see a label that says, “With the Mother” towards the bottom of the bottle. This is where all the beneficial stuff for your skin and hair lives! It looks gross, but it works miracles.

Enjoy the beautification process! Please leave a comment and let me know how apple cider vinegar is working for you!

If you’d like to learn more about healthy eating and cooking from Align with Nature, please sign up here for your free health consultation with me! Let’s be more health savvy together!

Yours in Health Savviness,

Darlene

Health Coach at Align with Nature

Comments

Submitted by Wendie on

I am just starting to use the Bragg's as a facial toner and drinking it. I find it very strong personally as I am new to this idea so I usually add it to hot or warm water and add a tablespoon of raw honey. It helps with the taste. I am hoping to be able to omit the honey eventually.

I am not sure how well this will all work for me. I have sensitive skin so we shall see. I am cautiously optimistic. :) I have also been using coconut oil to moisturize once in a while but I wash off the resident. It is a little on the oily side. I am trying to find something natural..what do you recommend? I have somewhat acne prone skin.
Thanks

Submitted by stacy on

well i will try this as a hair rinse, because i have dry itchy flaky scalp. i hope i get an ease.

Submitted by Rosey Rahman on

Well, I have tried ACV for like a week and i have seen an amazing result!
My hair grows really fast now and my facial skin started glowing...:D i used to have some breakouts long back but i don't see them now after using ACV. Its really a Miracle product! :)

Submitted by Alyssa on

Thanks !! Definitely will try this !

Submitted by Mandp on

It works vry fast.amezing

Submitted by ACVHUB on

I love this article, I'm a huge fan of apple cider vinegar and have bookmarked your site. For more great apple cider vinegar advice check out this blog i came across recently.

Submitted by Erica on

So today is day one of drinking the water and using it as a toner. I have very oily skin and have to be constantly dabbing my face with a tissue. The taste of the water was not so bad. Tarty... is more like it.

Submitted by Sheri on

Hello, I really did enjoy your blog....I too have a beauty blog where I wrote about unusual beauty tips you can do at home and one in particular is using vinegar in your hair to help boost shine....I also have many other unusual beauty tips that you can check out at http://one-stopbeauty.com
Also if you will, please leave a comment because I do love to get other people's feedback/opinions

Sheri

Submitted by ELAINE BYRD on

THIS IS TRULY A BLESSING! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS VIA INTERNET. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HAIR LOSS AND REALLY NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT, BADLY. THIS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

ELAINE BYRD OF MAIMI FL

Submitted by Rochelle on

Sounds Great!
Im going to try this but Braggs is too expensive for me to get hold of in the UK im going to try a brand called,

'Raw Health'

The product description states that the vinegar is made from:
"organic unfiltered, pressed apple juice"
They continue to state that the vinegar is:
"enzyme-rich" and "contains the nutritious vinegar 'mother"

HOPEFULLY its just as good as Bragg's

Submitted by riffat from lah... on

i used this recepies it is very useful,

Submitted by caroline on

I have just started using ACV on my hair after reading it may help with Foliculitis , after only two applications the itching has subsided considerably. Although not yet a miracle cure it is better by far than anything the doctor has prescribed so far so keep promoting it, Thanks

Submitted by dolores dee on

i cant wait to try this all the reviews seem positive dolores dee to trt this

Submitted by Jasmine on

For some unknown reason, My hair breaks of terribly. Leaving me with itchy scalp and bald patches. I will try the apple cider vinegar and see if it helps to promote hair growth. Thanks.

Submitted by Angelique Buman on

Beautiful blog and great information on this post! I just started with the apple cider vinegar/water mix in the shower. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind that I add a link to your blog post on a health blog of mine, as I think this is a must read for what I am working on! I'm not sure if this post will require an email once I submit, so I will just post one here if you don't mind getting back via email: angeliquecbuman@gmail.com Thanks!

Submitted by Mel Stevens on

I think keeping the hair healthy will probably aid its growth. I recommend the pro naturals hair repair mask to keep hair moisturized

Submitted by Dawn on

I put a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a large drinking container for my dog (a lab) about 1 month ago. She tends to have skin/bacteria problems on her bare pink belly. She is 6 years old and now for the first time, she is growing soft, fine hair all over her belly and her skin looks great!

Submitted by Joecy on

I had very bad hair loss problem.I have tried many home remedies but Apple Cider Vinegar work out well for me.
Regards,
@Joecy Parker

Submitted by priya on

I want to ask , which time is good to drink mixture , before or after meal?

Post new comment